FINANCE & ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
This Department is responsible for initiating and implementing policy decisions on the finances of the Corporation in terms of revenues, expenditures, investments, procurement and other related accounts and finance matters.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
This Department is responsible for administrative matters: personnel, transportation, welfare, security, etc. it provides secretariat services to the NFC Board and Corporation’s Management committees.
The Department is responsible for planning of a wide range of activities that includes conducting research, and compiling statistics on and about the Department and the film industry with a view to creating a database for use by the Corporation. The Department also is responsible for planning Committee works and extra-corporate activities.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS & PROTOCOL DEPARTMENT
The main duties of the Public Affairs and Protocol Department is managing the public affairs/communication strategy responsibilities of the Corporation. Other responsibilities include:
· Public Relations/Communication Strategy Setting
· Briefing Stakeholders/Agencies on the implementation of Public Relations /Communication Strategy
· Researching and Evaluating Stakeholder’s perception of the organization.
· Initiating and Planning Public Relations activities.
· Preparing and supervising production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs and annual reports.
· Answering enquires from individuals, the press (Broadcast & Print) and other organizations
· Co-organization of Special Events such as Press Conferences, Exhibitions, Tours
· Sitting in for/Representing the organization on Inter-Agency/Inter ministerial committees
· Supervising schedule staff and functions relating to Hotel Accommodation/Reservation, Protocol and Passages.
· Participating in the Development and Promotion of Networks of practitioners /stakeholders for the industry
· Anticipating Special Events, Planning, Staging and Reporting on same. Planning, Preparing and Implementation of strategies for events.
· Building of Reputation for the Corporation, through constant design, and maintenance of excellent communication networks with stakeholders, the media and the public.
· Research Paper writing and Presentation.
· Identification of key Audiences of the Corporation and designing key massages that highlight the mission, vision and service charter of the Nigerian Film Corporation.
· Assessing the effectiveness of Public Relations strategies of the Corporation, measurably.
· The Creation of real dialogue where necessary, recognizing the benefits of sharing information.
· Undertaking Communication and Public Relations Audit.
· Evaluating and recommending appropriate strategies for the enhancement of the Service Charter of the Corporation.
· Working with, and Managing the Media, through Agenda Setting and supervising the organization of media visits, aimed at securing required and favourable attention and building relationships
· Enhancing Creativity in Communication/Public Affairs Dept. functions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LEGAL SERVICES UNIT NIGERIAN FILM CORPORATION
The Legal Services Unit is an arm of the Corporation, saddled with the responsibility of guiding and advising the Corporation on legal issues, drafting of various legal documents, giving legal opinions and the interpretation of Government policies and statutes.
It is also responsible for conducting the Corporation’s Board of Directors meetings and acts as the secretariat on Board affairs.
Apart from these primary functions of the Unit, it also educates the motion picture practitioners on legal issues through workshops or seminars and liaises with other Agencies in order to achieve this function.
The Unit is adequately positioned with hardworking, dedicated, efficient and highly capable staff to carry out these functions to contribute to the growth and development of the Nigerian film industry.
ENGINEERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Responsible for the maintenance of the Corporation’s office equipment and production facilities as well as the vehicular fleets and structures of the NFC.
INDUSTRY SUPPORT SERVICES/PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT
PLANNING RESEARCH & STATISTICS
INDUSTRY SUPPORT SERVICES/PRODUCTION